Oh, hey! It’s been awhile hasn’t it? Our holiday break turned into a new year break and here we are almost at the end of February! So, what’s new with all of you? We both started work contracts at the beginning of the year and have been busy getting those set up. We’ve also been waiting patiently for more updates on our shop space for London Fields Shoppe. If you have been following along, we first viewed the space 39 weeks ago, signed our lease 18 weeks ago, and are happy to announce that we finally received a permit for phase 1 of our renovations! It’s definitely been a long process, but we are super excited to move forward with an expected opening in early May 2014! We’ll be posting more pictures once we get everything going, so please follow along here as what will be one crazy ride! Thank you to everybody that visited us at our pop-up shop last month. If you missed it or have your heart set on something, we’ve been shooting products all week and will have them listed in the online shop soon.
Also, I’m jumping in here quickly to let everybody know that applications for the Got Craft? 2014 spring edition close at midnight (PST) on Friday, February 28th. Here are the details for the upcoming event:
Saturday, May 10th and Sunday, May 11th, 2014
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
Online applications are available here (scroll to the bottom).
Postcard design by The Beautiful Project
From the same publishers as Frankie magazine, Smith Journal is a quarterly publication based in Australia that is both creative and intriguing with a side of gentlemanly style. Often called ‘Mankie’ by Robert, Smith Journal is about remembering, reviving, and revamping forgotten traditions and skills with articles such as backyard salami makers, new punctuation, and stealing maple syrup.
We have a few copies of Volume 8 currently at the shop. Makes a great read, holiday present or stocking stuffer. Make sure to pick up a copy today! Retail $22.00 plus tax
To purchase or reserve a copy, please email hello (at) londonfieldsshoppe (dot) com or stop by our pop-up shop at 845 East Hastings until December 23rd from 9:30-6:30pm daily.
A huge thank you to our amazing team of vendors, volunteers, and sponsors for working so hard to make Got Craft? such a success! Also a big thank you to everyone that came out to shop and support local indie business. We love our community of supporters! If you missed out on the fun or are looking for more, the London Fields Shoppe Pop-Up is open until Monday, December 23rd.
We have plenty of vintage and handmade goods currently in stock both from local artists as well as some from the US and the UK including Forest & Waves, Wondermade, Mellifera Bees, Richard Fairhead, Linus Kraemer, Herbivore Botanicals, think & ink studio, little low studio, Merchant and Mills, the Beautiful Project, and more! There’s also plenty of one of a kind vintage items including Christmas decor for any last minute holiday trimmings.
We’re adding things daily, so make sure to stop by and say hello!
London Fields Shoppe Pop-Up
Open until Monday, December 23rd, 2013
845 East Hastings (next to Les Amis du Fromage) between Hawks and Campbell, Vancouver
9:30am to 6:30pm
web | facebook | instagram | twitter
postcard design by the beautiful project
The time is finally here! Got Craft?, Vancouver’s largest indie craft fair, is taking place this weekend and here are our top 5 things to do at the show!
- DIY WORKSHOPS – There will be plenty of free workshops hosted by Spool of Thread (see project above), Bead Freaks, and DIY or DIE. If you are interested in letterpress, space is still available for Sunday’s paid workshop with District Dogs Design. Register here.
- WIN – We have plenty of giveaways taking place right now, so make sure to enter for your chance to win some fun prizes such as a swag bag from here and here as well as our 12 Days of Giveaways taking place on our Facebook page here.
- VISIT – We are super excited to welcome Poppytalk, UPPERCASE, and Etsy to the event this year. Make sure to visit their tables and say hello in person!
- FOOD TRUCKS + SHOPPING LOCAL – This is your chance to cross everybody off your holiday list by shopping from 75 local vendors. Need to take a break? Grab a quick bite from one of the food trucks that will be set up outside including The Pie Shoppe, Varinicey Pakoras, Taser Grilled Cheese, and Eli’s Serious Sausage.
- POP-UP – Our new pop-up shop, London Fields Shoppe, will be open from December 12-23 at 845 East Hastings between Hawks and Campbell Avenue next to Les Amis du Fromage. Permanent space to open in spring 2014. We’ll be posting more details about this soon!
Saturday, December 14th 10-8pm
Sunday, December 15th 10-5pm
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
web | facebook
image via spool of thread
The first 50 people through the doors at Got Craft? on both Saturday, December 14th (10-8pm) and Sunday, December 15th, 2013 (10-5pm) at the Maritime Labour Centre will receive a FREE swag bag! Designed by The Beautiful Project and hand printed by Locomotive Clothing, each bag is stuffed with a selection of goodies from our vendors and our lovely sponsors including MailChimp and UPPERCASE magazine.
Square,the official payment processor of Got Craft?, will once again be providing six gift certificates with a combined valued up to $300.00*! Certificates will be randomly placed in 3 swag bags each day, so be prepared to arrive early!
Four ways to enter:
- Visit the Got Craft? vendor page here and leave a comment below with the name of the vendor you are most excited to see! = 1 entry
- Retweet “RT to enter to win a #GotCraft swag bag filled with handmade goodness courtesy of @LFieldsShoppe – http://bit.ly/1bjs9nv” = 1 entry
- Share one of the images above on Instagram and tag #GotCraft or @LFieldsShoppe with a link to our website – http://gotcraft.com = 1 entry
- Share one of the images above on Facebook and tag #GotCraft or the Got Craft? page with a link to our website – http://gotcraft.com = 1 entry
Prize will be available for pick up at Got Craft? (front desk). Winner will be notified by email.
Contest closes Thursday, December 12th, 2013 at noon (PST)
* 1x $75, 1x $50, and 1x $25 gift certificate to be used at Got Craft? 2013 will be randomly placed in three swag bags each day. First 50 paid attendees through the doors each day will receive a swag bag.
We’ll have a nice selection of UPPERCASE goods for you to shop from at Got Craft? including a few limited edition back issues! For those that can’t wait or want to shop their full selection of items, use code ‘gotcraft?‘ to receive 10% off their online shop here!