The time is finally here! Got Craft?, Vancouver’s largest indie craft fair, is taking place this weekend and here are our top 5 things to do at the show!
- DIY WORKSHOPS – There will be plenty of free workshops hosted by Spool of Thread (see project above), Bead Freaks, and DIY or DIE. If you are interested in letterpress, space is still available for Sunday’s paid workshop with District Dogs Design. Register here.
- WIN – We have plenty of giveaways taking place right now, so make sure to enter for your chance to win some fun prizes such as a swag bag from here and here as well as our 12 Days of Giveaways taking place on our Facebook page here.
- VISIT – We are super excited to welcome Poppytalk, UPPERCASE, and Etsy to the event this year. Make sure to visit their tables and say hello in person!
- FOOD TRUCKS + SHOPPING LOCAL – This is your chance to cross everybody off your holiday list by shopping from 75 local vendors. Need to take a break? Grab a quick bite from one of the food trucks that will be set up outside including The Pie Shoppe, Varinicey Pakoras, Taser Grilled Cheese, and Eli’s Serious Sausage.
- POP-UP – Our new pop-up shop, London Fields Shoppe, will be open from December 12-23 at 845 East Hastings between Hawks and Campbell Avenue next to Les Amis du Fromage. Permanent space to open in spring 2014. We’ll be posting more details about this soon!
Saturday, December 14th 10-8pm
Sunday, December 15th 10-5pm
Maritime Labour Centre
1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
web | facebook
image via spool of thread
The first 50 people through the doors at Got Craft? on both Saturday, December 14th (10-8pm) and Sunday, December 15th, 2013 (10-5pm) at the Maritime Labour Centre will receive a FREE swag bag! Designed by The Beautiful Project and hand printed by Locomotive Clothing, each bag is stuffed with a selection of goodies from our vendors and our lovely sponsors including MailChimp and UPPERCASE magazine.
Square,the official payment processor of Got Craft?, will once again be providing six gift certificates with a combined valued up to $300.00*! Certificates will be randomly placed in 3 swag bags each day, so be prepared to arrive early!
Four ways to enter:
- Visit the Got Craft? vendor page here and leave a comment below with the name of the vendor you are most excited to see! = 1 entry
- Retweet “RT to enter to win a #GotCraft swag bag filled with handmade goodness courtesy of @LFieldsShoppe – http://bit.ly/1bjs9nv” = 1 entry
- Share one of the images above on Instagram and tag #GotCraft or @LFieldsShoppe with a link to our website – http://gotcraft.com = 1 entry
- Share one of the images above on Facebook and tag #GotCraft or the Got Craft? page with a link to our website – http://gotcraft.com = 1 entry
Prize will be available for pick up at Got Craft? (front desk). Winner will be notified by email.
Contest closes Thursday, December 12th, 2013 at noon (PST)
* 1x $75, 1x $50, and 1x $25 gift certificate to be used at Got Craft? 2013 will be randomly placed in three swag bags each day. First 50 paid attendees through the doors each day will receive a swag bag.
We’ll have a nice selection of UPPERCASE goods for you to shop from at Got Craft? including a few limited edition back issues! For those that can’t wait or want to shop their full selection of items, use code ‘gotcraft?‘ to receive 10% off their online shop here!
With Got Craft? quickly approaching on Saturday, December 14th and Sunday, December 15th at the Maritime Labour Centre, we are kicking off the month of December with 12 days of giveaways! Above is just a sampling of some of the handmade gifts that you can win including goods from GroovyGlassGirl, Designs by Val, Wolf & Sadie, Locomotive Clothing, Make & Mercantile, and more.
Full details are above, but you’ll have to follow us on Facebook here to play along!
With us being back in Toronto for the One of a Kind show, I figured this would be a good time to share some of the photos I took during our visit last April to Bookhou. Better late than never?
Co-founded by husband and wife, John and Arounna, this amazing duo works out of a beautiful space with a brick and mortar shop at the front, a studio at the back, and their own living space above. Everything that Bookhou creates is amazing and being a follower of their work, I can’t imagine anything that this duo can’t do from custom furniture to the beautiful hand printed textiles you see above. If you are in Toronto, make sure to say hello in person or visit their website to see their online shop. I’ve had my eye on the triangle zip tote for quite some time now. Merry Christmas to me?
798 Dundas Street West, Toronto
web | blog | shop
Join District Dogs Design at Got Craft? on Saturday, December 14th or Sunday, December 15th and get yourself acquainted with the art of letterpress printing! This workshop will introduce you to a pair of tabletop letterpress’ and give you the opportunity to print your very own festive gift tags! Jarin and Catherine will go over the basics of press operation and maintenance, traditional and modern practices and techniques, commonly used materials, and much, much more. Since this is a two hour session, all participants will use the same preset design and colours.
You’ll take home:
One dozen letterpress printed gift tags – perfect for gift giving
Handout with letterpress resources
Gift packaging for your newly printed tags to ensure their safe travel home.
Letterpress Workshop at Got Craft?
Saturday, December 14th OR Sunday, December 15th, 2013
3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph Street
$25.00 plus GST (5%) – includes admission to Got Craft? (same day as your session) and items listed above
Advance registration is required | Spaces are first come first serve | Limit 12 students per session
Register online here. Please make sure to check in at the front desk 15 minutes before the workshop begins.
update: Saturday’s workshop is sold out!
District Dogs Designs is a small letterpress studio in the District of North Vancouver, BC that creates hand-drawn, hand-carved, hand-pulled – totally hand-made paper goods such as greeting cards, notepads, coasters, prints, artwork and even limited t-shirts!
web | blog | facebook | twitter
image one via sam bradd